One of the “chief complaints” voiced by many women as they experience their mid life transition is sleeplessness. Add to this hot flashes, night sweats, and the “stressors” we allow into our lives…….it all builds to a “perfect storm” ending in fatigue, and generally feeling lousy!
Sleep Doesn’t Have to Be Elusive!
There Are Some Things You Can Do To Get More zzzz’s!
First…..Why You Need Sleep
✔ Control your weight easier
✔ Combat stress quicker
✔ Enhance your memory
✔ Support your immune system and adrenals
Sleep also protects against certain cancers, insulin resistance, and mood disorders. Plus, if you rest well, you’re likely to have more energy and enthusiasm for your day.
How Sleep Helps
When you sleep your body processes excess stress hormones, like adrenaline and cortisol. When these fight-or-flight hormones are abated, it lowers your stress levels, which studies show promotes healthy blood sugar levels. This combination of lowered stress levels and healthy blood sugar levels keeps your body from storing excess fat.
You’ll notice your memory is better when you sleep well, too. When you sleep, your experiences are recorded in your brain. It’s one of the ways you “digest” your day. If you learned something new today, getting a good night’s sleep can help you assimilate it.
When you work with your circadian rhythms (your 24-hour sleep cycle), you produce melatonin which: supports your immune system, protects you from insulin resistance, and promotes healthy moods.
Start Tonight: Get a Better Night’s Sleep
Start by dispelling the myth that you’re supposed to fall asleep when your head hits the pillow. Instead, allow for some time in which to relax first and then to get sleepy enough to fall asleep.
Here are a few more tips to send you off to dreamland:
1. Work with the light. Wake when it’s light, and sleep when it’s dark, if you can. This way your body will make melatonin at night, which makes you sleepy, and stop making it in the morning, so you don’t feel groggy when you wake up.
2. Stop any exposure to blue light at least 45 minutes before bed. This includes your phone, tablet, computer, or any electronic device. JUST…..TURN IT OFF!
3. Watch your diet. Limit sugar, which can cause stress, and avoid caffeine and other stimulating drinks during the day.
4. Get comfortable….and cold! Not teeth chattering….but you want to snuggle under your covers.
5. Consider our PM Plus or PM Pure Supplements. They have helped thousands of women achieve wonderful rest, and many women report that they haven’t slept as well in years.
Just read to what Shell said in a recent review:
“I recently tried this product and though I’m thru menopause, this is a life changer. Wish I had found it earlier! I haven’t slept well in about 5 years. I am sleeping thru the night and actually remembering dreams in the morning!”
Anyone can experience sleeplessness, but mid life generally is the time that this “chief complaint” surfaces more often than not.
Get Some zzzzz’s!!
This Changes Everything!